S&P Global Mobility provides demographic data (ethnicity, gender, age and income) to the vehicle-model level for al… https://t.co/Th17FUrpsY
An Automotive Minute with Michael Robinet: Supplier Strategy in the BEV Age
Scores of component suppliers are contemplating critical decisions with respect to the future of their organizations. GM's recent announcement of an aspirational goal of being battery electric only by 2035 has spurred several suppliers to soul search.
There are four primary choices for most suppliers given the looming structural shifts driven by electrification.
- Maintain course - Select suppliers may conclude their ecosystem and value equation does not change that much
- Double Down - though the industry is in the midst of significant secular shifts the internal combustion engine and a strong aftermarket tail will be around for several decades. Is there a play to buy up competition?
- Sell or partially consolidate - many suppliers may not be willing to risk their current value by shifting all or part of their organization to meet the brave new BEV future.
- Lastly - they can pivot. Shift to new capabilities relevant to the BEV world while still utilizing the organization's technology and process know how.
Whatever the choice, these decisions have long-term implications.
- Fuel For Thought: What do capital markets tell us about the automotive industry?
- S&P Global Mobility updates light vehicle production forecast for June
- The Shift to Utility: Part II – June 2022
- Car subscriptions: Long-term trend or short-term hype
- Indian Medium and Heavy Commercial Vehicle Industry: FY2021 in Hindsight
- North America Truck Transmission Market
- Bronco vs Wrangler: The battle of the true off-road utility vehicles
- Fuel For Thought: The dynamics of EV charging and its impacts on the broader electrification of mobility
In this US Mobility Insight edition (formerly Advisory Insights) we have an analysis on the movement from car to ut… https://t.co/894bufx5zj
Financial markets oscillate from normal to volatile. This helps re-evaluate companies’ prospects & risks. So, what… https://t.co/T1mbBrNEQE