Learn more about the Technology Evolution in the Heavy-Duty Commercial Vehicle Industry - Listen to our podcast!… https://t.co/9pWrXqzldi
An Automotive Minute with Mark Boyadjis - David vs Goliath
A real life, automotive David vs. Goliath is underway, as the industry's giant leading automakers defend their position against the disruptive little guys as the whole industry shifts to EVs.
Automakers from GM to Jaguar, and Volkswagen to Volvo have begun making public commitments to putting an end to the ICE age, discontinuing all internal combustion engines in favor of EVs. Each automaker has its own transition plan with the sunset for ICE vehicles coming in the next 10-20 years.
The Giant's monumental movements are noteworthy, but they continue to chase the disruptors, who innovate at an unfamiliar pace for the industry. Chinese EV makers such as NIO, ARCFOX, Xpeng, and more are the benchmark in not only technology but most importantly, range. These EVs can run 400 to 500 miles or more on a full charge, surpassing the best that even Tesla can put forth at 390.
In this race for EV domination, the Goliaths will bring scale, but the Davids will lead the pack.
- Electrification of medium-and heavy-duty commercial trucks gain momentum with new policy updates, as predicated in IHS Markit’s 2021 Reinventing the Truck study
- Automotive Rapid Response Report: Semiconductor Supply for H1 2022
- Fuel for Thought: Technology Evolution in the Heavy-Duty Commercial Industry
- Fuel for Thought – January 2022 – Consumer Electronics Show Recap (2022)
- Fuel for Thought: Auto demand levels remain depressed on chip famine alongside race between vaccine & variants; 2022 Light Vehicle demand set to post 82.4 million (+3.7%)
- Electrical steel – Another temporary supply chain shortage or a threat to OEMs’ electrification plans?
- Asians: Thriving Auto Buyers – December 2021
- Mainland China Truck Market Continues to Deteriorate
Will Omicron cut chip supply from the Philippines? View a summary and download our full Auto Rapid Response Report: https://t.co/DHqBYlAvlW