Register now for our latest loyalty review webinar with Tom Libby on Tuesday, 9/28 at 1pm ET. Highlights: latest… https://t.co/07RHVNrVjj
An Automotive Minute with Mark Boyadjis - David vs Goliath
A real life, automotive David vs. Goliath is underway, as the industry's giant leading automakers defend their position against the disruptive little guys as the whole industry shifts to EVs.
Automakers from GM to Jaguar, and Volkswagen to Volvo have begun making public commitments to putting an end to the ICE age, discontinuing all internal combustion engines in favor of EVs. Each automaker has its own transition plan with the sunset for ICE vehicles coming in the next 10-20 years.
The Giant's monumental movements are noteworthy, but they continue to chase the disruptors, who innovate at an unfamiliar pace for the industry. Chinese EV makers such as NIO, ARCFOX, Xpeng, and more are the benchmark in not only technology but most importantly, range. These EVs can run 400 to 500 miles or more on a full charge, surpassing the best that even Tesla can put forth at 390.
In this race for EV domination, the Goliaths will bring scale, but the Davids will lead the pack.
- Major revision for global light vehicle forecast, production impacted well into 2022
- Medium Heavy Commercial Vehicles: The other face of the pandemic in Brazil
- Fuel for Thought: A Rocky Recovery in the Second Year of the Pandemic
- Substantial Internal Cannibalization for Incremental Models
- IAA Mobility 2021: Germany’s new auto show to focus on electric autonomous vehicles and mobility
- Hybrid: Bridge to Electrification – August 2021
- How will 5G impact the driving experience for the consumer?
- Brand Loyalty Among US Auto Consumers Drops to Six-Year Low
IHS Markit is excited to attend MOVE this year. As the leading thought leader in automotive mobility, we are keen t… https://t.co/imEluizURo