An Automotive Minute with Mark Boyadjis: Tech Giants and the Auto Industry Mark takes a look at how Tech Giants ar… https://t.co/nz1U12vcvZ
An Automotive Minute - Hybrids and Electrification with Stephanie Brinley
An Automotive Minute - US Hybrids and Electrification with Stephanie Brinley
In 2020, we saw increased emphasis on both hybrid electric and battery electric vehicles in the United States, leading to hybrid vehicle market share increasing from 3.0% in 2019 to 3.7%. Volume grew and share increased on expanded opportunities in popular segments. Though hybrids have been around for more than 25 years, we are seeing an increase in options in CUV segments. Ford Escape, Honda CR-V, Toyota Venza, and Mercedes-Benz GLS were among contributors to increased hybrid share.
Perhaps not surprising given that hybrid technology is more expensive, about 21% of hybrid registrations were luxury-brand models last year, up from 15% in 2019. For the total market, luxury registrations in 2020 accounted for about 14% of registrations.
Consumers in 2020 were willing to explore and adopt electrified solutions, provided they are in a vehicle package that is sized and priced correctly for the segment and the lifestyle. This is an encouraging sign as automakers make broader efforts to shift to electrification and carbon neutrality.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- An Automotive Minute - Tech Giants and the Auto Industry
- Confluence of Supply Chain Challenges Across the Global Auto Industry
- Software - an automotive disruptor
- Plant closures in Brazil likely to cause only short-term impact on South American production
- Key suppliers monitor inventories of propylene derivatives as raw material production resumes
- EV loyalty climbs to 55%
- An Automotive Minute - A Shift to Mid-Sized Vehicles with Stephanie Brinley
- Mainland Chinese medium & heavy commercial-vehicle market to fall in 2021
Month-over-month growth (MoM) for March 2021 is positive in 10 out of 11 regions. Check out our new interactive wi… https://t.co/ORzKqG93T6
Join our special webinar on vehicle benchmarking where we present how IHS Markit supports feature and technology ac… https://t.co/Zc8L96gmrx