Analysis of the latest IHS Markit new vehicle registration data in the US indicates vehicles with a hybrid powertra… https://t.co/VPDySytTg2
An Automotive Minute - Tech Giants and the Auto Industry
The power of digital ecosystems are present in automotive today, largely through the connected lifestyle we enjoy outside the car. Today, Tech Giants like Apple, Amazon, Baidu, DiDi, Google, Tencent, and others provide a pass-through for accessing the messaging, media, and mapping content that each provide.
However, this is not the end for the Tech Giants.
These players are quickly investing to capture more of the mobility market by either becoming a vehicle manufacturer or by partnering with one for custom-built vehicles. These new vehicles will be electric, fully-connected 24-7, and have updatable autonomous driving solutions. IHS Markit forecasts a half a million of these pod-cars will be built in China alone by 2031.
But don't expect to be able to buy one of these pod-cars… they will almost certainly be reserved for ride-sharing, car-sharing, or logistics and fleet applications only.
- US Hybrids Outperform Electric Vehicles in April
- Fuel for Thought: The Chip Dip
- Average age of cars and light trucks in the US rises to 12.1 years, accelerated by COVID-19
- India's role in global automotive electrification
- Making the BEV commitment
- Sedans: Staying Alive - no longer on top, but they're not dead
- If only audience buying was always this easy
- An Automotive Minute with Stephanie Brinley - Electric Trucks