An Automotive Minute - Tech Giants and the Auto Industry
The power of digital ecosystems are present in automotive today, largely through the connected lifestyle we enjoy outside the car. Today, Tech Giants like Apple, Amazon, Baidu, DiDi, Google, Tencent, and others provide a pass-through for accessing the messaging, media, and mapping content that each provide.
However, this is not the end for the Tech Giants.
These players are quickly investing to capture more of the mobility market by either becoming a vehicle manufacturer or by partnering with one for custom-built vehicles. These new vehicles will be electric, fully-connected 24-7, and have updatable autonomous driving solutions. IHS Markit forecasts a half a million of these pod-cars will be built in China alone by 2031.
But don't expect to be able to buy one of these pod-cars… they will almost certainly be reserved for ride-sharing, car-sharing, or logistics and fleet applications only.
- An Automotive Minute with Michael Robinet: Supplier Strategy in the BEV Age
- An Automotive Minute with Stephanie Brinley - Vehicle Electrification
- Pivoting to an Electrified Future – The Automotive Industry Amps Up
- Impact of Semiconductor Shortages on the Global Medium and Heavy Commercial Vehicle Production
- Fuel for Thought: Vehicle loyalty grows in share and importance; Some brands top 60%
- Commitments to carbon-neutral economies accelerate the reshaping of the automotive industry
- Confluence of Supply Chain Challenges Across the Global Auto Industry
- Software - an automotive disruptor