An Automotive Minute with Mark Boyadjis: Tech Giants and the Auto Industry Mark takes a look at how Tech Giants ar… https://t.co/nz1U12vcvZ
An Automotive Minute - Tech Giants and the Auto Industry
The power of digital ecosystems are present in automotive today, largely through the connected lifestyle we enjoy outside the car. Today, Tech Giants like Apple, Amazon, Baidu, DiDi, Google, Tencent, and others provide a pass-through for accessing the messaging, media, and mapping content that each provide.
However, this is not the end for the Tech Giants.
These players are quickly investing to capture more of the mobility market by either becoming a vehicle manufacturer or by partnering with one for custom-built vehicles. These new vehicles will be electric, fully-connected 24-7, and have updatable autonomous driving solutions. IHS Markit forecasts a half a million of these pod-cars will be built in China alone by 2031.
But don't expect to be able to buy one of these pod-cars… they will almost certainly be reserved for ride-sharing, car-sharing, or logistics and fleet applications only.
- Confluence of Supply Chain Challenges Across the Global Auto Industry
- Software - an automotive disruptor
- Plant closures in Brazil likely to cause only short-term impact on South American production
- Key suppliers monitor inventories of propylene derivatives as raw material production resumes
- EV loyalty climbs to 55%
- An Automotive Minute - A Shift to Mid-Sized Vehicles with Stephanie Brinley
- Mainland Chinese medium & heavy commercial-vehicle market to fall in 2021
- Fuel for Thought: The New Map – Charting the Future
Month-over-month growth (MoM) for March 2021 is positive in 10 out of 11 regions. Check out our new interactive wi… https://t.co/ORzKqG93T6
Join our special webinar on vehicle benchmarking where we present how IHS Markit supports feature and technology ac… https://t.co/Zc8L96gmrx