@pinaki_kkkm Can you please follow us so we can DM? Thank you!
Agriculture in transition
We are going through biggest transition in agriculture in decades. What we've seen is increasing prices and extreme volatility. Coming into the pandemic, there was a period of relatively low volatility and in many years declining prices, so this has been a big transition for agriculture. Coming out of the pandemic, we're going to have 3-5 years of higher prices and prices that are more volatile. To evaluate your opportunities, it is important to be connected with other sectors - energy, mobility and chemicals and have a thorough understanding of what's taking place in the macroeconomic world.
Hear more from Tom and other S&P Global Commodity Insights experts at the Agribusiness Value Chain Forum, a four-day complimentary virtual forum to get vital assessments of our vulnerable supply chain, the industry structure and the impact of under-investment, sustainability initiatives, and the importance of our connections with the energy, shipping, and automotive industries. You'll hear from leading analysts in their respective fields, and there will be opportunities to share your views and ask questions.
This article was published by S&P Global Commodity Insights and not by S&P Global Ratings, which is a separately managed division of S&P Global.
- US vs Eurozone food inflation
- European Commission proposes rules to cut EU pesticide use by 50%
- Integrated Pest Management farming methods get a boost in Europe
- Regenerative agriculture is a solution to soil depletion and nutrient fertility
- US Supreme Court discusses whether to hear Bayer Roundup case
- Sanctions, uncertainty and cost fears stalk Latin American agriculture
- Container shipping situation worsens due to congestion, delays, and empty containers
- Main factors when considering Biofuels