Video: A world of opportunities – where and how can power utilities grow?
Power utilities seeking business growth beyond their home markets face tremendous diversity internationally in power network configurations, market designs, and regulatory frameworks. Successful international utilities address this diversity by finding points of alignment between their skill sets and the varied market environments of each host country. In this video, IHS Markit experts tackle the questions:
- What are the indicators that power utilities should be focusing on when looking for international opportunities?
- What skillsets should they be bringing to those opportunities in order to address them successfully?
- What markets specifically are emerging as being promising for international investment?
For more information on our global power research, visit our Global Power and Renewables service site.
IHS Markit experts are available for consultation on the industries and subjects they specialize in. Meetings are virtual and can be tailored to focus on your areas of inquiry. Book in a consultation with Etienne Gabel.
Anna Shpitsberg is a director of the global power and
renewables team at IHS Markit.
Eduard Sala de Vedruna is an executive director of the global power and renewables team at IHS Markit.
Etienne Gabel is a senior director of the gas, power and energy futures team at IHS Markit.
Posted 22 July 2020
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- Japan focuses on the role of LNG in tackling the global climate challenge
- Reshuffling among top EPC players as new markets arise
- Explore Energy 2020 Virtual Event
- EV charge point developers have two big problems; energy storage can help to address them both
- COVID-19 pressures Egypt’s power and gas sectors
- Green, flexible, and economical: India’s strategies for large-scale renewable integration
- September Power and Renewables Research Highlights
- Infographic: Assessing biofuel policies and their impact on global markets