Video: A world of opportunities – where and how can power utilities grow?
Power utilities seeking business growth beyond their home markets face tremendous diversity internationally in power network configurations, market designs, and regulatory frameworks. Successful international utilities address this diversity by finding points of alignment between their skill sets and the varied market environments of each host country. In this video, IHS Markit experts tackle the questions:
- What are the indicators that power utilities should be focusing on when looking for international opportunities?
- What skillsets should they be bringing to those opportunities in order to address them successfully?
- What markets specifically are emerging as being promising for international investment?
For more information on our global power research, visit our Global Power and Renewables service site.
IHS Markit experts are available for consultation on the industries and subjects they specialize in. Meetings are virtual and can be tailored to focus on your areas of inquiry. Book in a consultation with Etienne Gabel.
Anna Shpitsberg is a director of the global power and
renewables team at IHS Markit.
Eduard Sala de Vedruna is an executive director of the global power and renewables team at IHS Markit.
Etienne Gabel is a senior director of the gas, power and energy futures team at IHS Markit.
Posted 22 July 2020
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- North Sea service companies continue to struggle, but “green” shoots offer some relief
- Yellowtail: A Modelling Perspective - Vantage® Insights
- Q4 2020 Power and Renewables Research Highlights
- Generating ROI From Digital Transformation: Here Is What You Need To Know
- Cathedrals in the desert: The outlook for Concentrating Solar Power
- Big ambitions: How Chile aims to be among the largest exporters of green hydrogen in the world
- How data alchemy is changing the energy industry
- PV project acquisition activity in Europe remains heated
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
This announcement will require China to execute a nationwide transformation over the next 40 years. If done right,… https://t.co/4lab8WtsiY