Video: A world of opportunities – where and how can power utilities grow?
Power utilities seeking business growth beyond their home markets face tremendous diversity internationally in power network configurations, market designs, and regulatory frameworks. Successful international utilities address this diversity by finding points of alignment between their skill sets and the varied market environments of each host country. In this video, IHS Markit experts tackle the questions:
- What are the indicators that power utilities should be focusing on when looking for international opportunities?
- What skillsets should they be bringing to those opportunities in order to address them successfully?
- What markets specifically are emerging as being promising for international investment?
For more information on our global power research, visit our Global Power and Renewables service site.
IHS Markit experts are available for consultation on the industries and subjects they specialize in. Meetings are virtual and can be tailored to focus on your areas of inquiry. Book in a consultation with Etienne Gabel.
Anna Shpitsberg is a director of the global power and
renewables team at IHS Markit.
Eduard Sala de Vedruna is an executive director of the global power and renewables team at IHS Markit.
Etienne Gabel is a senior director of the gas, power and energy futures team at IHS Markit.
Posted 22 July 2020
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- High-dollar gas infrastructure investments – what’s ahead for potential investment deals?
- Aramco Likely to Cut September Crude OSP Amid Contango, Market Weakness
- 2022 should benefit from pent-up demand for rigs
- Disruption of backfill plans for NWS LNG and Pluto LNG
- With US growth engine stalled, can other markets improve their ethane recovery?
- Chevron- Noble and the implications for upstream mergers and acquisition
- Longer-Term Outlook for Canadian Oil Sands Largely Intact Despite Largest Annual Production Decline in 2020
- Accounting Carbon Emission Cost for Future Energy Transition and Sustainability