A new strain on markets
Research Signals - November 2021
Volatility returned to the several regional equity markets as investors weighed the economic risks posed by the new omicron strain of the COVID-19 virus. Furthermore, price and supply shortage measures remain close to recent highs, according to the J.P.Morgan Global Manufacturing PMI report, amid sharp increases in vendor delivery times given the continued severe strain on global supply chains. In turn, factor performance in November (Table 1) reflects variants across regions as investors await potential changes to the timing of the US Federal Reserve's tapering of bond purchases and pace of interest rate hikes.
- US: Deep Value measures, such as Forward 12-M EPS-to-Enterprise Value, which were strongly favored among small caps in October, gained traction among large caps as well last month
- Developed Europe: High momentum stocks measured by Rational Decay Alpha extended October's outperformance into November
- Developed Pacific: Reinvestment Rate was a strong performer in Japan, while Book-to-Market performance was particularly weak in markets outside Japan
- Emerging markets: Deep Value measures such as TTM EBITDA-to-Enterprise Value continued to be rewarded last month
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- July 2022 Model Performance Report
- Securities Finance July Snapshot 2022
- iBoxx SGD Monthly Update: August 2022
- iBoxx USD Asia ex-Japan Monthly Update: August 2022
- Stocks rally as bears take a summer recess
- iBoxx ALBI Monthly Update: August 2022
- Dividend Forecasting Bi-weekly Brief APAC (02 Aug 22)
- Are ransomware events considered in your Operational Resilience Plans for third party service providers?
Join our webinar on Thursday, 19 May as we explore the impact of sustained inflation on dividend payments in 2022… https://t.co/jUwPoVmJFw
Join our webinar next week in partnership with Supply Management Insider as the industry experts unveil the necessa… https://t.co/iibJIqHM00