In private equity, fund managers are increasingly competing based on their sophistication in managing and analyzing… https://t.co/kU24iHlw3V
A new strain on markets
Research Signals - November 2021
Volatility returned to the several regional equity markets as investors weighed the economic risks posed by the new omicron strain of the COVID-19 virus. Furthermore, price and supply shortage measures remain close to recent highs, according to the J.P.Morgan Global Manufacturing PMI report, amid sharp increases in vendor delivery times given the continued severe strain on global supply chains. In turn, factor performance in November (Table 1) reflects variants across regions as investors await potential changes to the timing of the US Federal Reserve's tapering of bond purchases and pace of interest rate hikes.
- US: Deep Value measures, such as Forward 12-M EPS-to-Enterprise Value, which were strongly favored among small caps in October, gained traction among large caps as well last month
- Developed Europe: High momentum stocks measured by Rational Decay Alpha extended October's outperformance into November
- Developed Pacific: Reinvestment Rate was a strong performer in Japan, while Book-to-Market performance was particularly weak in markets outside Japan
- Emerging markets: Deep Value measures such as TTM EBITDA-to-Enterprise Value continued to be rewarded last month
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Japan IFRS Adoption, Opportunity or Cost for Private Equity Fund Managers?
- Daily Global Market Summary - 26 January 2022
- IHS Markit Partners with METACO to Provide a Unified Post-Trade Processing Solution for Digital and Traditional Assets
- Biden finalizes his bank regulatory nominees, setting the stage for a robust enforcement agenda in 2022 and beyond
- Private equity prepares for a “bigger data” future
- Daily Global Market Summary - 25 January 2022
- IHS Markit partners with Alpha Financial Software to deliver automated US MBS clearance and settlement through thinkFolio
- Municipal Calendar Week of January 24th 2022
We have partnered with METACO to provide a unified post-trade processing solution addressing market demand for flex… https://t.co/L8XcoF4mE1
Biden nominates assertive regulator for key Federal Reserve post. Read the latest article by our own Adam Goldberg… https://t.co/FCj7ckKUxD