[3/3] Tim Vallin, VP, Technology is currently Chair of Pride at IHS Markit LGBT+ network & a member of the firm's d… https://t.co/eLF03e534o
Climate and Sustainable Finance - Specialty chemicals: Enablers of sustainable development
We live in chemophobic times: The media and general public view chemicals as enemies of the environment. But this perspective is flawed because it overlooks the essential role of chemicals - particularly specialty chemicals - as enablers of sustainable development.
Produced responsibly - as the vast majority of chemicals are - specialty chemicals and polymers support key sustainable development goals, including clean water, clean energy, and the preservation of life below water. They enable society to satisfy its current needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own requirements.
- Yellen backs ‘effective carbon pricing’, nomination wins panel OK
- Biden revokes permit for Keystone XL pipeline
- Glick’s FERC seen focusing on transmission, MOPR, environmental justice
- China leads Asia-Pacific region in pumped storage hydro projects: IHS Markit
- New US Senate Majority Leader pledges action on climate
- Colombia to unveil clean energy auction, hydrogen roadmap details in Q1
- IHS Markit sees strong 2021 global rebound for renewables
- Poland takes first steps to offshore wind target, passes key legislation