CERAWeek - Video of the Week Listen in as Asher Bennett, Founder & CEO, Tevva Electric Trucks, discusses long-range… https://t.co/oA3VN4GvIY
Porsche ends diesel production
Porsche has ceased building all diesel vehicles after ending production of the diesel Macan and Panamera, according to a report by Autocar. Porsche said the decision was the result of a "cultural shift" in its customers and as a result of the company's new focus on electrification hybrids and advanced gasoline (petrol) engines. As a result the Panamera 4S Diesel and Macan S Diesel have been "taken out of the production programme" at the end of nine years of Porsche diesel production, which began with the first-generation Porsche Cayenne Diesel in 2009.
Significance: This is a strong strategic move by Porsche and shows the commitment the company is making to its electrified future and more environmentally friendly and efficient powertrains. It recently announcing it was doubling its investment to EUR6 billion (USD7.45 billion) on electric vehicle technology by 2022, which is double the EUR3-billion spend that had originally been approved by the Porsche board. It was clear that Porsche was moving away from diesel completely when the new third-generation Cayenne was launched with no diesel options. The brand revealed that the diesel models' removal was also linked to "another software update" that has been subject to an "ongoing consultation with the authorities". The current diesel Panamera has only been in production for just over a year.
- Autonomous vehicle testing centre opens in Ohio
- Gaping gap between EV wireless and plug-in charging technologies
- New vehicle sales in Vietnam surge over 21 percent in first half of 2019
- Brazil launches local roadmap for EVs with German government
- Eleven companies publish guiding principles for self-driving vehicles
- Swedish light-vehicle registrations in June slump on high base
- US state Michigan unveils EV Charging Infrastructure Package
- China extends tax break for NEVs to 2020
An Automotive Minute - Episode 27 Listen in as Chris Hopson discusses US Light Vehicle Sales Volumes for the month… https://t.co/AofI08A3J7
Autonomous vehicle testing centre opens in Ohio. The Ohio state authorities (United States) have opened a 540-acre… https://t.co/Pq6tpj6mA8