Only 5% of Corporate Issuers Surveyed are Satisfied with their Investor Meeting Intelligence
A recent study from IHS Markit of 343 corporate issuers revealed that a lack of feedback of their investor meetings is ranked as the single greatest area for opportunity to enhance the investor engagement experience.
"Investor relations and management teams have identified a
significant gap in their satisfaction with the quantitative and
qualitative feedback from their investor meetings - both pre and
post." - said Preston Gelman, Executive Director of Perception
Analytics."Overwhelmingly, corporate issuers are looking for
actionable insights to improve the results of their shareholder
engagement strategies." - he added.
Highlights of the survey findings on investor meetings included:
- 63% of corporate issuers worldwide wanted more intelligence
both before and after meetings.
- 21% wanted more intelligence after meetings
- 11% wanted more intelligence before meetings
- 5% did not want any more intelligence
- 5% were satisfied overall with the quality of market
intelligence and feedback
- 22% were satisfied with the quality of the sell-side analyst
- 21% were satisfied with the quality of meeting logistics
- 11% were satisfied of the suitability of investors in
- 12% were satisfied of the quality of the research
In response, IHS Markit Issuer Solutions is pleased to launch the Investor Targeting & Advisory Roadshow Enhancement - an expanded service which is focused on roadshow intelligence to IR and management teams with quantitative and qualitative insights to drive results-focused shareholder engagement strategies. The service provides immediate feedback for Teams to identify highly compatible investors, develop effective messaging, optimize marketing strategies as well as understand answers to critical questions from your investor meetings:
- How clear was your investment strategy?
- What was the most compelling factor for investing?
- What is the trigger to initiate or build a position?
- What is the greatest deterrent to investing?
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
This article was published by S&P Global Market Intelligence and not by S&P Global Ratings, which is a separately managed division of S&P Global.
- What My Backpack Can Teach Us About Location-Independent Identifiers
- Golden Record Podcast Series - Episode 3: It's a Taxing Business
- S&P Global Market Intelligence and Westminster Research collaborate to deliver integrated research evaluation and custodial commission sharing agreement management solutions
- SFDR: Takeaways from the implementation of ESG regulation
- Forecast dividend yield strategy outperforms - Hong Kong SAR
- Dividend Forecasting Bi-weekly Brief APAC (13 Sep 22)
- August 2022 Model Performance Report
- iBoxx SGD Monthly Update: September 2022
Join our webinar on Thursday, 19 May as we explore the impact of sustained inflation on dividend payments in 2022… https://t.co/jUwPoVmJFw
Join our webinar next week in partnership with Supply Management Insider as the industry experts unveil the necessa… https://t.co/iibJIqHM00