You know your suppliers. Or do you? This ebook looks at the four risk factors changing the way the industry sources… https://t.co/4VWDX60Nc8
Asian USD Credit Primer
More bang for your buck?
Following the recent Asian economic rebound from COVID-19 lows, the global fixed income investment community has shown increased interest in Asian (ex-Japan) USD corporate credit. Supportive spread differentials and other risk-return attributes may make this hard currency asset class an attractive potential addition to fixed income and multi-asset portfolios.
This article profiles the iBoxx USD Asia ex-Japan Corporates index to explore the Asian (ex-Japan) US dollar credit market's:
- Historical development
- Composition across geographies, maturity, sector, and rating
- Yields, spreads, and durations
- Historical returns, volatility, and other performance metrics
- Potential diversification benefits for global investors
Throughout, comparisons are made versus the global USD and EUR corporate credit markets to provide context for both global and regional investors.
Key observations indicate that the market can offer:
- Generally higher comparative yields and spreads
- Shorter relative duration
- Some portfolio diversification
- Significant exposure to China and EM risk
We also glance at the wider iBoxx/iTraxx credit ecosystem in Asia that includes a nascent ETF market and a developing derivatives landscape.
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Fixed Income: Volumes Remain Strong Following Record Year
- Delivering on the promise of interoperable tech for investment management
- Daily Global Market Summary - 20 October 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 15 October 2021
- APAC REITs Outlook
- Daily Global Market Summary - 14 October 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 13 October 2021
- Capital Four selects IHS Markit for CLO portfolio administration
Sign up for a FREE 31-day trial of our Research Signals library of global stock-selection alpha signals that provid… https://t.co/MnkaCVuptK
Weighing up the merits of corporate access virtually versus in person? We share our 5 key takeaways on corporate ac… https://t.co/bT0Ym4c51U