7 in 2017: Top tech trends this year
Each year the technology world gets together for CES, the biggest consumer electronics show on the planet. In years past, the show focused attention on a select yet energetic range of segments-some more compelling than others, to be sure-including autonomous or self-driving cars, smartphones and other smart devices, the all-connected universe of the Internet of Things, 4K televisions and wearables.
At IHS Markit, we've identified 7 big themes that we think will be significant-ranging from the most buzzworthy, such as artificial intelligence and virtual reality, to those less well-known, like low-power wireless. These overarching themes and trends, we believe, will influence or shape not only the technology sector overall during the year, but also the top products, categories or topics for CES 2017.
IHS Technology Group at IHS Markit
Posted 5 January 2017
- Dark mode will be the new driver for AMOLED panels in smartphone applications
- Deploying the Factory of the Future to solve production problems of the present
- Know the limitations of your machine
- IoT devices evolve as transformative technologies like AI and 5G converge
- Where are the robots? The wait for mission-critical IoT and massive IoT
- With its latest flagship smartphones, Huawei affirms continued support of AMOLED
- Bright prospects for both photovoltaics and battery storage
- Transformative technologies will cause considerable disruption in business and industry