7 in 2017: Top tech trends this year
Each year the technology world gets together for CES, the biggest consumer electronics show on the planet. In years past, the show focused attention on a select yet energetic range of segments-some more compelling than others, to be sure-including autonomous or self-driving cars, smartphones and other smart devices, the all-connected universe of the Internet of Things, 4K televisions and wearables.
At IHS Markit, we've identified 7 big themes that we think will be significant-ranging from the most buzzworthy, such as artificial intelligence and virtual reality, to those less well-known, like low-power wireless. These overarching themes and trends, we believe, will influence or shape not only the technology sector overall during the year, but also the top products, categories or topics for CES 2017.
IHS Technology Group at IHS Markit
Posted 5 January 2017
- Various factors will influence TV panel pricing for the year’s first half
- February 2018 Market Insights - Technology
- Electronic physical access control: Monetising the combat against cyber threats
- Smart speakers entice with new built-in touch displays
- Will foldable OLED displays arrive in 2018?
- January 2018 Market Insights monthly roundup
- Direct LED backlight technology reigns supreme in TV panels
- TMT Blog: Top transformative technology trends of 2018