Weak ahead: global PMI surveys, FOMC meeting and US non-farm payrolls
Worldwide PMI survey releases will provide important signals on global economic and inflation trends at the start of the second quarter, thereby giving an early indication for the direction of growth and future central bank policy. The Federal Reserve and the Reserve Bank of Australia will also set monetary policy next week. Other key data highlights include Eurozone and Indonesian first quarter GDP numbers and, perhaps most importantly, US nonfarm payrolls data.
Download the full report for more details and full diary of key economic releases.
Bernard Aw, Principal Economist, IHS Markit
Tel: +65 6922 4226
- UK households quick to respond to hawkish monetary policy signals
- Not all aristocrats are as rich as they appear
- Week Ahead Economic Preview
- Remember the Skew
- Chinese healthcare companies to deliver extravagant dividends
- Short sellers raise the stakes on UK short positions
- Earnings outlook improves as Asia tech shows upturn, joining strong Europe
- Spain PMI shows strong start to 2018, boding well for further solid GDP growth