2020 Corporate Access Survey Series Effects of MiFID II
By Andre Little and Brendan Fitzpatrick
In this report, IHS Markit presents Part 4 of our 2020 Corporate Access findings. Based on a survey of over 300 global IROs conducted in January of this year, below we present our findings on the effects of MiFID II two years after its implementation.
- MiFID II Impact Stronger than Anticipated
- Sell-side research declines broadly for European and Small-cap issuers
- Investor participation in sell-side sponsored investor conferences weakens
- Two-thirds of IROs expect or have already experienced increased direct outreach from investors
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Chartis RiskTech BuySide 50: Financial Risk Analytics Wins Investment/Market Risk Category
- Defensive Strategies for the Asian USD High Yield Credit Market
- South Korea Dividends - More to be Discovered
- Top 3 Insights from the 2022 CeFPro Vendor & Third Party Risk Europe Conference
- The obstacles to better analytics adoption in private equity
- A New Report -- Retail Investors: A Changing Landscape
- APIs beat AI in the industry’s post-trade priority list
- Golden Record Corporate Actions Podcast Series - Pilot Episode: Is Data the Problem?
Join our webinar on Thursday, 19 May as we explore the impact of sustained inflation on dividend payments in 2022… https://t.co/jUwPoVmJFw
Join our webinar next week in partnership with Supply Management Insider as the industry experts unveil the necessa… https://t.co/iibJIqHM00