The Blind Men and the Elephant
In the parable "the blind men and the elephant" an elephant is surrounded by several blind men, all of whom use their sense of touch to describe what the elephant is like. In the story, each of them examines a specific part of the elephant, and, therefore, describes the creature quite differently. In most versions, the men end up in an argument over what the elephant looks like, as they all have a different view based on what part they were touching. The lesson, of course, is that each of the observers had a unique perspective, and only by combining all of them, would they collectively be able to accurately describe the elephant.
The quest to evaluate trading quality is remarkably similar; combining several key perspectives of the process is the only true way to gain an accurate picture, particularly for institutional investors....
Download the PDF below to read more.
David Weisberger, Managing Director, Trading Services at Markit
Tel: +1 212-488-3290
- July 2022 Model Performance Report
- Securities Finance July Snapshot 2022
- iBoxx SGD Monthly Update: August 2022
- iBoxx USD Asia ex-Japan Monthly Update: August 2022
- Stocks rally as bears take a summer recess
- iBoxx ALBI Monthly Update: August 2022
- Dividend Forecasting Bi-weekly Brief APAC (02 Aug 22)
- Are ransomware events considered in your Operational Resilience Plans for third party service providers?
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
Join our webinar on Thursday, 19 May as we explore the impact of sustained inflation on dividend payments in 2022… https://t.co/jUwPoVmJFw
Join our webinar next week in partnership with Supply Management Insider as the industry experts unveil the necessa… https://t.co/iibJIqHM00