EU expects to avoid US tariffs on cars. The European Commission's outgoing president, Jean-Claude Juncker, has said… https://t.co/UpwoRrLbVm
Eleven companies publish guiding principles for self-driving vehicles
A coalition of 11 companies has published a 'white paper' called 'Safety First For Automated Driving' to act as a framework for the development, testing, and validation of safe autonomous vehicles (AVs). Aptiv, Audi, Baidu, BMW, Continental, Daimler, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Here Technologies, Infineon, and Volkswagen were involved in drafting the document, which comprises 146 pages. The framework document establishes 12 guiding principles on how to build, test, and operate a safe AV.
Significance: The member companies claim the coalition is the "broadest representation across the industry to date". It is imperative for companies to release such guidelines to help the industry to deploy safe self-driving vehicles. This need comes as an increasing number of start-ups are commercialising self-driving vehicles and IHS Markit forecasts that, in 2021, about 51,000 vehicles sold globally will be AVs. There are many companies which have released their AV safety reports, including Waymo, Ford, General Motors, NVIDIA, Apple, and startups Zoox and Nuro.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- EU expects to avoid US tariffs on cars
- Sales of electrically chargeable vehicles in EU grow 51.8%
- Japan looking to subsidise compact BEVs
- The UK passenger car market went into retreat again in October, falling by 6.7% year on year
- UK government considering green number plates to identify zero-emission vehicles
- How will micromobility impact the automotive ecosystem?
- Berlin launches all-in-one mobility app
- European automotive trade associations call for action against no-deal Brexit
Sales of electrically chargeable vehicles in EU grow 51.8% Read more: https://t.co/BBshVswmpz
CERAWeek Video of the Week Listen as a panel of experts discuss integrated transport Systems for the future city.… https://t.co/DyR5MdERTs