Explore new approaches for end-to-end client lifecycle management. Download the full infographic and new whitepaper… https://t.co/kTaJxvx5ce
Tactical tools for a rising interest rate environment
In a rising interest rate environment, corporate interest rate hedged indices can be attractive tactical instruments to manage duration risk and earn credit yield, alongside short duration and floating rate note products.
- Markit iBoxx $ Liquid High Yield Interest Rate Hedged Index ("LQHYH") provided a return of 3.7% vs. 1.4% for the unhedged index in Q4 2016. For 2016, the hedged index returned 14.6% vs 15.3% for the unhedged index.
- Markit iBoxx $ Liquid Investment Grade Interest Rate Hedged Index ("LQIGH") provided a return of 2.2% vs. -3.7% for the unhedged index in Q4 2016.
- For 2016, the hedged index returned 5.9% vs. 6.4% for the unhedged index.
- High correlation observed between the hedged index and corresponding CDX indices. For example, the 3 year rolling correlation of LQIGH and Markit CDX Investment Grade is 79%; the correlation of LQHYH and Markit CDX High Yield is 81% as of end of December 2016.
- ETFs based on LQIGH and LQHYH indices are available.
- ESG reports Latin America: Panel of Local Experts Discuss 6 Key Trends in the Region
- Distressed loan settlement: Is this the calm before the storm?
- Daily Global Market Summary - 27 May 2020
- Daily Global Market Summary - 26 May 2020
- Daily Global Market Summary - 22 May 2020
- APAC 2020 dividends: A ballast in times of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Daily Global Market Summary - 21 May 2020
- Portfolio monitoring workflow: A credit manager’s perspective
As the country continues to fight against COVID-19, new issues decreased last week, with only 40 deals priced for t… https://t.co/R7CZucwthg
Join our upcoming webinar, hosted by IHS Markit & Brown Brothers Harriman, and hear from our expert panel about how… https://t.co/C9AVEGTSCm