Following the Saudi Arabia oil attacks over the weekend, our Commodities Pricing Data showed a big jump in Brent Cr… https://t.co/5jnILPk02L
Tactical tools for a rising interest rate environment
02 February 2017
In a rising interest rate environment, corporate interest rate hedged indices can be attractive tactical instruments to manage duration risk and earn credit yield, alongside short duration and floating rate note products.
- Markit iBoxx $ Liquid High Yield Interest Rate Hedged Index ("LQHYH") provided a return of 3.7% vs. 1.4% for the unhedged index in Q4 2016. For 2016, the hedged index returned 14.6% vs 15.3% for the unhedged index.
- Markit iBoxx $ Liquid Investment Grade Interest Rate Hedged Index ("LQIGH") provided a return of 2.2% vs. -3.7% for the unhedged index in Q4 2016.
- For 2016, the hedged index returned 5.9% vs. 6.4% for the unhedged index.
- High correlation observed between the hedged index and corresponding CDX indices. For example, the 3 year rolling correlation of LQIGH and Markit CDX Investment Grade is 79%; the correlation of LQHYH and Markit CDX High Yield is 81% as of end of December 2016.
- ETFs based on LQIGH and LQHYH indices are available.
- Inverting the alternative data pyramid
- Response to ESMA consultation on consolidated tape
- Muni Monthly Summary - August 2019
- Decomposition of August HY returns
- IBOR transition: Term Risk Free Rates (TRFRs) and industry actions
- Corporate Bond Pricing Data, August 2019 Recap
- IBORs, New Benchmarks Series – Case Study: SOFR and FRTB
- Meeting Multi-Regime Reporting Requirements