Our recent European corporate actions webinar is now available to watch on demand. Request access now to listen to… https://t.co/y9uXQPbU5j
Tactical tools for a rising interest rate environment
In a rising interest rate environment, corporate interest rate hedged indices can be attractive tactical instruments to manage duration risk and earn credit yield, alongside short duration and floating rate note products.
- Markit iBoxx $ Liquid High Yield Interest Rate Hedged Index ("LQHYH") provided a return of 3.7% vs. 1.4% for the unhedged index in Q4 2016. For 2016, the hedged index returned 14.6% vs 15.3% for the unhedged index.
- Markit iBoxx $ Liquid Investment Grade Interest Rate Hedged Index ("LQIGH") provided a return of 2.2% vs. -3.7% for the unhedged index in Q4 2016.
- For 2016, the hedged index returned 5.9% vs. 6.4% for the unhedged index.
- High correlation observed between the hedged index and corresponding CDX indices. For example, the 3 year rolling correlation of LQIGH and Markit CDX Investment Grade is 79%; the correlation of LQHYH and Markit CDX High Yield is 81% as of end of December 2016.
- ETFs based on LQIGH and LQHYH indices are available.
- Daily Global Market Summary - 29 October 2020
- Alpha factors - the consummate independent voters
- Daily Global Market Summary - 28 October 2020
- Daily Global Market Summary - 27 October 2020
- IHS Markit Perspectives - The Importance of Social Initiatives within ESG - Part 11
- Daily Global Market Summary - 26 October 2020
- Daily Global Market Summary - 23 October 2020
- Daily Global Market Summary - 22 October 2020
The ISDA 2020 IBOR Fallbacks Protocol is now on ISDA Amend. Register for our upcoming training sessions here.… https://t.co/bDYJix7bif
Did you miss our recent North American corporate actions webinar? Watch the on-demand version to hear our panel of… https://t.co/6SJEjSTmlb