Strong 2017 for Syndicated Loan Trading
2017 was a strong year for the secondary loan trading market, according to the Q4 data snapshot report from IHS Markit.
Quarterly report highlights include:
- Index Trend: iBoxx USD Leveraged Loan Index returns rise to 3.29%
- Secondary Market Loan Pricing Trend: Global bid prices show little movement this quarter
- Global Loan Sector Trend: Spreads in the EU increased for Basic Materials, Consumer Services, Industrials and Utilities
- US CLO Trend: 2.0 AAAs are now trading inside of 100 bps, down more than 30 bps from the start of Q4
- Secondary Loan Settlement Trend: Year-end notional volume soars to $715bn
The full report may be downloaded below.
Timothy Barello, Corporate Communications
Tel: +1 646 679 3463
- Initial Margin: Five key considerations for Phase 4 and 5 firms
- As counterparty risk is crushed, operational risk rises
- November 2018 Model Performance Report
- Risk trade tariffs
- It has never been easier to short Tesla, any takers?
- ETF lending continues to thrive
- Meet IHS Markit at RiskMinds International: 3-7 December 2018
- 95% of daily quoted US corporate bonds receive their first quote before 9:30am