Webinar | Join IHS Markit as we host our inaugural US Brand Performance Review webinar, unveiling the results of a… https://t.co/YsFt4U9bLa
Russian EV sales rise 145% y/y in 2019 to 353 units
The electric vehicle (EV) market in Russia rose 145% year on year (y/y) from 144 units in 2018 to 353 units in 2019, according to an Autostat report. The Jaguar I-Pace and Nissan Leaf were the equal best-selling pure battery electric vehicles (BEVs) in Russia with 131 units sold each. These models were followed by Tesla, which was represented by its three models with the Tesla X selling 46 units, Tesla 3 with 22 units and Tesla S with 13 units.
Significance: The Moscow region was by far the best-selling geographical market for pure BEVs in Russia with 140 units sold. However, despite the seemingly impressive bottom0line uplift in BEV sales in terms of percentage, overall sales are extremely small at less than 0.1% of the overall passenger car market share. Without serious investment in BEV charging infrastructure or purchase subsidies, this is unlikely to change any time soon.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- Drivers reveal exactly how fast they want EVs to charge – and these cars are setting the pace
- Fuel for Thought - CES 2021 Roundup
- Top 10 auto tech trends to watch for in 2021
- Stellantis: Scale Creates Opportunity
- Evolving Material Trends in Body-in-White Webinar
- Join IHS Markit as we host our inaugural US Brand Performance Review webinar
- Supply chain disruption for semiconductors to the automotive sector
- An Automotive Minute: Electric Vehicles in the Biden Adminstration
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
Webinar | Evolving Material Trends in the Body-in-White Forecast Join us February 4 as we highlight key outputs of… https://t.co/DWdV2Q1gPs