Plan and analyze pressure transient analysis, using both intuitive diagnostics and powerful models.
Need to analyze a drawdown and buildup dataset?
Want to know the skin and permeability of your well?
This class is an introduction to IHS WellTest software usage. Students will complete an analysis on drawdown/buildup test during this 1.5 hour class. Participants will learn how to:
- Add wells and pipelines using onscreen design tools
- Use diagnostic tools to identify current operational issues
- Calibrate a model to measured field conditions
- Use diagnostic tools to identify opportunities to improve field performance
- Create optimization scenarios
- Schedule when configuration changes should occur
Note: This is an introductory software course designed to familiarize students with the basic features and functionality within the software. Theory and applied knowledge is beyond the scope of this class.