Length: 1.5 Hours
Who Should Attend: This is an ideal course for engineers, technologists and/or new users interested in optimizing their time in importing and preparing data for analysis while learning the basic worksheet operations.
Prerequisites: Students should have an understanding of basic engineering principles including: well attributes, production data, pressure data, fluid and resevoir properties. Basic Windows navigation and spreadsheet skills are also recommended.
Tuition: No charge.
Location: Calgary, Alberta training centers.
Cancellation Policy: To cancel without penalty, please give notice seven calendar days prior to the start of the course. Without prior notice, you will be charged $350.00.
Data importing and data management
- Navigating data management and plots
- Importing gauge and production datasets
- Synchronizing datasets
- Merging datasets
- Creating calculated difference comparison plots
Preparing data for analysis
- Selecting production rates and pressures for analysis
- Removing unnecessary data
- Specifying shut-in points
- Data filtering
- Required fluid and resevoir properties
- Selecting flow periods
- Adding analysis lines
- Best fitting analysis lines
- Adding synchronization and radius of investigation arrows
- History matching exercise
- Weighting points
- Using automatic paramater extimator
- Saving and resetting parameters
- Building a forecast