A web-based platform providing buy-side clients with aggregated multi-bank counterparty position and valuations data in a timely and consistent format, alongside their own internal marks and independent valuations from IHS Markit Portfolio Valuations service
Increasing regulatory and accountancy scrutiny around accurate valuations of portfolios has highlighted the importance of both counterparty and independent pricing data and valuations. Asset managers currently receive counterparty data through numerous statements in multiple formats directly from dealers. The effort required to manually consolidate this data can take many hours.
Valuations Manager provides a secure, standardized view of OTC derivative positions as well as derivative and cash fixed income valuations across counterparties on a single electronic platform. The service simplifies the collection of counterparty position data and valuations to deliver greater operational efficiency. Instead of visiting multiple dealer sites and rationalizing numerous file formats, clients access valuation statements online or via API, FTP or a download from IHS Markit. We have agreed upon a single set of standards with the participating banks and act as the delivery channel for more timely, complete and standardized counterparty valuation data.
Valuations Manager also provides a co-branded solution for sell-side participants looking to streamline the delivery of their OTC and cash valuations directly to their own client base, supporting regulatory requirements for the daily mark distribution.
- Operational efficiency – Reduce time-consuming manual processes with consolidated delivery of OTC position and valuation data in a consistent format, across all counterparties
- Transparency – Use integrated workflow tools to monitor information flow and dispute marks online as necessary, with audit trails and history of valuations and associated disputes
- Extensive coverage – Benefit from multi-asset class coverage across OTC derivatives, including credit, rates, equities, FX and commodities, as well as cash bonds
- Historical coverage – Access position and valuation history for the previous 90 days, in addition to 13 month ends
- Independent valuations – Rely on independent valuations of OTC derivatives and cash bonds, available for viewing alongside counterparty marks
- Flexible distribution – Receive valuation statements online or via API, FTP or web download