International - The most comprehensive database available with over 850,000 exploratory and development wells as well as future planned drilling activity, demonstrating over 50 years’ experience in gathering well data, capturing information from the early 1800’s to the present day.
North America - Get a complete picture of all wells within US area of interests when evaluating assets, reducing the risk of error propagation in subsequent analysis if you missed critical feedstock to begin with. Gives you a competitive advantage to reach first oil while reducing cost associated with development planning. Most complete and accurate well database in the industry with nearly 5 million US wells dating back to the Drake Well of 1859. It contains over 1,000 data attributes across 5+ million oil and gas well records in the United States.
Canada - Get a complete picture of all wells within Canadian area of interest when evaluating assets, reducing the risk of error propagation in subsequent analysis if you missed critical feedstock to begin with. Decrease time from raw data to evaluation, giving you a competitive advantage to reach first oil while reducing cost associated with development planning.
The IHS Markit Basin content provides exploration teams with an industry-leading subsurface geologic framework in which to efficiently compare basins, plays and petroleum systems on a global scale making it essential for basin-screening studies and play-based exploration workflows. Our basin database is tightly integrated with our E&P information and constantly updated by our expert research teams. It allows basin-scale exploration, development & production activity to be assessed alongside key discoveries and important events in the exploration of the basin, with extensive basin-level statistical analyses. Recent development of the analytics offering makes Basins data rapidly accessible in an informative format through EDIN dashboards. The data, as well as being accessible online through IHS Markit applications (EDIN), can be accessed by direct connection to many industry-standard analytical and spatial platforms using API’s and data services.
IHS Markit’s industry leading Basins Database contains:
- Over 5200 geological provinces
- In excess of 35,000 lithostratigraphic units across over 3,000 genetic units or mega-sequences
- Approximately 6000 plays across 1500 petroleum systems
- Over 580 Basin Monitor reports
- Extensive spatial layer catalogue
- All supported by a comprehensive set of over 76,000 references
With delivery through EDIN, Map Services, Spatial Layers*, Rest API’s* and Energy Navigator*, the Basins Database is essential to answer questions such as:
- What E&P activity has taken place and how successful has it been?
- What basins are analogous and how do these basins compare?
- What potential remains in this basin or basins?
- What are the key petroleum system elements and structures in this basin?
- What geological or technological concepts have been successful in this basin and what new ideas can I apply?
- How favourable are hydrocarbons in this basin in terms of CO2, methane and other emissions levels?
*requires Upstream Gold access package
Asset & Valuation Data
Vantage Interrogate and visualize each step of the valuation process for 19,000+ global upstream assets at various stages of the oil and gas asset lifecycle in a powerful online platform. Make better economic decisions regardless of market volatility. Vantage leverages the expertise of dedicated geologists, engineers and economists, proprietary IHS Markit exploration and production (E&P) data, and the most comprehensive fiscal terms database to provide a transparent and interactive forward-looking view on asset and portfolio level oil and gas production, costs, and economics.
E&P and financial industry clients rely on Vantage's unparalleled global coverage to optimize these workflows:
- Opportunity screening
- Performance benchmarking
- Oil and gas asset valuation
- Portfolio analysis and valuation
Dynamic North America (formerly Performance Evaluator) includes all US Lower 48 and Canadian oil and gas wells (both unconventional and conventional) that had production as of 2001. Extensively processed and organized, normalized data is paired with custom-created metadata, exposing new insights from IHS Markit data to help you gain a competitive advantage.
Take your analysis further with rigs, rig history, major midstream pipelines and facilities data. DNA allows for a full end-to-end workflow solution by bringing together all of the energy chain components and allowing you to create custom charts and graphs to answer the most important questions to you.
Subscribe today to:
- Map and investigate plays, regions, and customizable well groups across multiple dimensions
- Understand relative and absolute well productivity at all levels of granularity
- Evaluate performance and analyze key trends over time
- Benchmark well, asset, company and portfolio performance against competitors
- Screen and proactively identify opportunities
- Assess acreage and inventory across all North America unconventional plays by operator, play or quality
- Evaluate CAPEX and break-even trends to conduct an economic analysis
- View Geo-layers on the map to get a better sense of the underlying geology
US Production Data - The most comprehensive production database and field map layers available in the industry of both allocated and unallocated data, tracking 98% of all production and 3+ million producing entities in North America, including many that state regulatory agencies do not have record of
Canadian Production Data - alternatives that rely predominately on incomplete or inaccurate regulatory websites, IHS Markit’s Canadian Production data reduces risk when making investment decisions, allowing you to maximize production while reducing production costs.
International Production Data - International Upstream database is the industry’s most complete source of global E&P information and insight across the spectrum of upstream energy workflows. It enables our customers to analyze industry trends, screen and assess opportunities for investment at any scale from basin to reservoir, mitigate against subsurface risks, track competitor activity, evaluate potential partners, benchmark reservoir performance, optimize investment decisions and navigate the energy transition.
Acreage & Licensing
Farm In-Farm Out
Online access to current licensing round details and high-level area information, including block overview, area history and local fiscal regime
License Round Monitor & Calendar
Online access to currently available farm
in/out opportunities including summary of contract, location, commitments and local
US Land Data
Uncover exploration prospects with real-time US land data
Are you accessing the most comprehensive data to research competitive activity?
Access the most comprehensive coverage available of federal, state and fee land and lease data. Our fee lease data includes all new leases for five or more years, current leaseholders, assignments, related historical documents and accurate polygons. By combining the land and lease data, subscribers can:
Fields & Reservoirs
- Gain a clear view of the competitive landscape
- Highlight opportunities through spatial and tabular data available in a variety of formats for various workflows
- Easily sift through massive amounts of land information
Fields & Reservoirs
An International E&P Database subscription module, this database includes 28,865 producing fields and undeveloped oil field discoveries and approximately 56,670 hydrocarbon reservoirs outside the US and Canada. Subscribe today to:
- Analyze exploration opportunities
- Investigate detailed EUR reserves estimation
- Evaluate secondary recovery and production profiling
- Review annual and monthly production to better understand the field development history
- Perform cost analysis and review service contractor information
- Review detailed geological descriptions and hydrocarbon information
Geophysical survey information is provided including planned and historic seismic, gravity and magnetic surveys as well as navigation information for 2D and 3D surveys.
This is of use for :
- Planning new surveys – what are the specs of previous surveys?
- Reprocessing – an alternative to a new survey – what is available?
- Competitive analysis – what surveys compete with mine – can I swap or merge?
- New Ventures - where are people exploring?
- Historical trends – the state of the industry?
Example images of seismic surveys provide a snapshot of the geology and seismic quality
SEG-Y data also available
- UK original surveys
- Brokered data
- Seismic reconstructed from paper/film archives
High resolution aeromagnetic data available from the UK and also gravity data associated with the seismic surveys.
Cartographic Data & Imagery
Global Cultural Data
Cartographic Data is an International E&P Database module that includes multiple geographic data layers for geographic mapping, GIS analysis and spatial validation. This geographic module provides the foundation to our numerous high quality maps as well as background features of HIS data browsers and GIS applications. New and updated features are regularly added to continue to provide the most current, accurate worldwide coverage:
- Comprehensive global set of layers including geography, bathymetry, political, administrative and licensing grids
- Cartographic layers integrated with E&P data allowing for spatial analysis and validation
- Cartographic basemaps used in IHS Markit products including EDIN, GEPS Activity Maps, International Spatial Layers
- Geodetic registration of layers in WGS84 Datum
Valtus Ortho Imagery (Canada)
Surface Contours (Canada)