Challenge assumptions. Expand scenarios. Anticipate threats.
This report helps defense, security, diplomatic and intelligence decision makers more effectively cope with the growing uncertainty and complexity affecting and emanating from Iraq and Syria and the broader region by presenting a range of distinct alternative futures relating to people, governments and non-state armed groups in the area.
IHS Markit analysts assess the likelihood, conditions required for and parameters of each future scenario, assess implications for regional security and geopolitics – including opportunities and threats facing local, regional and wider actors – and identify key take-aways about the future of regional security.
- Challenge existing or inherited assumptions
- Expand the range of alternative outcomes and scenarios
- Anticipate disruptive events, emerging challenges, threats and opportunities
- Identify critical capabilities, competitions, relationships and technologies
- Better understand Syria, Iraq and non-state armed groups such as ISIS