Strategic Report - Light Linear Alpha Olefin Market Study
A comprehensive examination of the light Linear Alpha Olefins (LAO) market for Butene-1, Hexene-1 and Octene-1 globally and by major regions. This report covers LAO demand segmentation by application and carbon group and discusses the upstream and downstream integration of various competitors, potential impacts of polymer inter-competition in butene-1, hexene-1 and octene-1 grades, and potential impacts of emerging technology. In this report, we evaluate on-purpose capacity requirement for the lower LAO to supplement the volumes provided by full range plants.
- What are the underlying drivers in end-use applications along relevant value chains?
- What are the upstream and downstream integration of various competitors in the global alpha olefin business including CP Chem, Ineos, SABIC, Sasol and Shell, etc.?
- What is the potential impact of polymer inter-competition in Butene-1, Hexene-1 and Octene-1 grades and the impact of emerging technology?
- What is the likely growth in solution LLDPE versus gas phase technology as these impact both comonomer selection and the quantity consumed?
- What is the potential impact of growth for plastomers and like materials on octene-1 demand?
- How much on-purpose capacity will be needed for the lower Linear Alpha Olefins to supplement the volumes provided by full range plants?
- What are typical pricing bases and types of formulas used for Butene-1, Hexene-1 and Octene-1?