Assess market balance, identify trends and maximize opportunities.
Could higher freights change the balance of steam coal trading? How far will thermal coal prices have to fall for the market to stabilize and when will they rebound?
Find answers to the industry’s most pressing questions with our newly enhanced service – integrating IHS Energy short- and long-term global steam coal outlooks through three deliverables. The Global Steam Coal Advisory Service provides the 25-year forecast for steam coal supply, demand, price, imports, exports, cost curves and freight. Access to our data center, coal experts and executive member forums ensures you have every resource needed to keep pace with market developments. Each quarter, you also receive the Steam Coal Forecaster, which discloses the 18-24 month outlook for global steam coal trade. The biweekly IHS McCloskey Coal report wraps everything up in a summary of the global met and steam coal industry, including benchmark coal indices, freight rates and swaps.
Enterprise-wide access to service content through our online platform IHS Connect™ allows you to:
- Quickly download reliable steam coal pricing, production, imports, exports and other statistics
- Support mining, production, transportation, trading and investment strategies
- Monitor competing fuel dynamics and capitalize on inflection points
- Understand political, economic and technological factors driving regional markets
- Anticipate risks to coal’s position within the global energy mix
Watch this short video to learn about the full suite of IHS Energy coal capabilities.