C5 Value Chain Study: From Cracker to Key C5 Derivative Applications for Isoprene, DCPD and Piperylene
The C5 stream provides a link between the cracker and a number of downstream industries. Over the past 3 years there have been significant additions to splitter capacities in Asia. New announced capacities for crude C5 derivatives are under construction now. Under volatile energy conditions, producers need to add maximum value to every stream the cracker produces.
These will also impact the buyers and sellers in the entire C5 value chain business especially the unsaturated polyester (UPR), Hydocarbon Resins (HCR), Isoprene and its derivatives markets. Making strategic decisions and identifying the growing end-use markets and geographies will be critical.
- What is the rivalry and competition for the C5 stream and the outlook for those individual markets?
- How does the cracker feedstock slate impact C5 stream availability and key component content?
- What are the trade flows for the derivatives and how are they impacted by the crude oil deflation?
- What is the outlook for Isoprene supply situation & impact to utilization rates?
- What my individual competitive position relative to other consumers from the C5 derivative stream?
- What is the potential for industry consolidation?
- How will it impact my strategy with suppliers, regions and customers?