In this report IHS Chemical will provide market dynamics for the major C5 petrochemicals – isoprene, DCPD (according to purity), piperylene concentrate, isoamylenes, pentanes and where pertinent for completeness, C9 resin. The regions covered will include: North America, South America, Western Europe, Central Europe, the CIS and Baltic states, the Middle East, Africa, China, Japan, Other Northeast Asia, Southeast Asia and Oceania.
Market dynamics will cover consumption by end-use, current and future supply/demand, capacity, inter-regional trade and balances for the 2009 to 2030 time period.
Study scope: Isoprene, DCPD, Piperlyene, isoamylenes, pentanes, and C9 resin
- Market Dynamics for C5 Petrochemicals
- Consumption by end-use, current and future supply/demand, capacity, inter-regional trade and balances for the 2009 to 2030 time period.
- Pricing Dynamics for C5 Petrochemicals
- Price and margin forecasts for the major C5 petrochemical components
- Downstream Industries Review
- Market dynamics, capacity developments, inter-regional trade and a review of strategic issues
- Value Chain Considerations
- Tire and automotive industries, adhesives, renewable energy
- Manufacturing Costs and Technologies for C5s and Derivatives
- Provided for US, Western Europe, the Middle East, Japan, and China
In addition to the final report in narrative form (PDF), this report includes online access to data tables in Excel format. Clients also receive access to IHS Chemical C5 and derivative experts, who can provide additional explanation about market fundamentals and trends discussed in the report
Sample Supply/Demand Figure: Isoprene in China
Sample Cost of Production Summary: Hydrocarbon Resins
Sample Cost of Production Estimate: Isoprene from an Isoprene Heart-cut
C5 Value Chain Study: From Cracker to Key C5 Derivative Applications for Isoprene, DCPD and Piperylene
Under volatile energy conditions, producers need to add maximum value to every stream the cracker produces. The C5 stream provides a link between the cracker and a number of downstream industries. This report completes IHS Chemical’s coverage of the steam cracker envelope with a comprehensive view of the C5 business including supply, demand, production economics and price. It provides market dynamics for the major C5 petrochemicals – isoprene, DCPD (according to purity), piperylene concentrate, isoamylenes, pentanes, and, where pertinent for completeness, C9 resin.
Download Prospectus (PDF, 1 MB)
Questions about this study? Please contact Chemical Special Reports