Identify challenges and opportunities in the vertical sectors that are driving smart card IC markets.
Many factors are influencing the rapidly changing market dynamics that present new opportunities for smart card semiconductor growth.
The Smart Cards Semiconductors Report from IHS Markit covers smart card digital ICs, including detailed coverage of 11 different use sectors and examines the distinct opportunities and challenges for each. Our forecast of the market for smart card semiconductors includes extensive segmentation by technology to provide a comprehensive view of how technical requirements are evolving. Total market share estimates are provided by microcontroller and memory ICs, by unit shipments and revenues.
Forecasts are given for each year to 2021 with detailed coverage by card IC type, vertical market and geographic region. We cover the different opportunities and challenges for each. Market shares of leading smart card IC suppliers are also presented.
This report is a must read for application developers, end users, financial Institutions, foundry manufacturers. IC manufacturers, investors, MNOs, mobile handset manufacturers, secure printers, smart card manufacturers, specialists in card personalization, software specialists, system integrators and manufacturers of production equipment for cards and readers.
Key issues addressed:
- Will the market for SIM card ICs continue to stagnate?
- When will the eSIM be incorporated into the cellular handset?
- What are the market shares for leading IC suppliers?
- How rapidly will China, the United States and India adopt payment and banking smart cards?
- Who are the leading foundry suppliers involved in the smart card semiconductor production?