Discover how mainstream technologies enable adoption of robots and drones across a broad spectrum of industries.
Regional variations for adoption of robots and drones produce unique opportunities in each area. In the huge consumer markets of Asia Pacific, professional service robot unit shipments could grow the fastest, at a CAGR of 50 percent from 2015 to 2020. Japan and Korea are prime markets for domestic-help applications and entertainment and education robot applications. China might present the future industry powerhouse with strong support of the Chinese government. In Europe, where service robots are more expensive and more specialized, demand is strong in energy, government, civil defense and rescue, maritime, shipping and ports and docks. In North America, robots are popular in medical and health care, agriculture, logistics, transportation, and space sectors.
The Service Robots and Drones Report from IHS Markit provides an up-to-date analysis of market trends and growth with five-year growth projections for all categories, and 15-year growth forecasts for major categories. We include data on critical semiconductors and components used in robots and drones and deliver this information to you through a PDF report and Excel database
Our report, which covers more than 16 industries and 16 applications/uses of service robots and drones, will be useful to executives in technical and marketing roles, as well as anyone involved in this sector. Find more than 70 robotics company profiles at the end of the report for reference.
The in-depth analysis is based upon primary research interviews with licensed mobile radio and command and control solution providers, as well as systems integrators and other experts in the field.
As a unique addition to the report, we gleaned insight from our EDIN service that tracks global oil and gas projects. Our report delivers a clear and concise outlook taking into account the trends occurring within the wider oil and gas sector, providing analysis on added specific drivers influencing critical communications.
Key issues addressed:
- What is the estimated size of the worldwide service robots and drones market, across professional and consumer/domestic segments?
- How will the market develop over the next five years? Through 2030?
- What are the most influential trends and who are the key players impacting robotics technology in each industry?
- How do market trends vary by region and application?
- What are the trends within technology segments?
- What is the growth potential for different form factors for service robots and drones?
- What is the market size of semiconductors and key components used in this market?