Understand the market demand for silicon and its impact on manufacturing capacity.
Semiconductor demand will be driven by wireless, data center, automotive and industrial applications. Devices that are driving growth within industrial and automotive market segments use more mature 200mm technology, as well as more legacy manufacturing flows, whereas devices driving growth in wireless and data center will be 300mm advanced technology.
By analyzing which applications are driving silicon demand and by looking at the technology being used, corporate strategic analysts can assess where in the market resources should be focused in order to achieve maximum gains in market share.
The Semiconductor Silicon Demand Forecast Tool from IHS Markit provides a long-term view of silicon demand by both technology and wafers size. The methodology used in developing these silicon forecasts uses the identified market sizing revenue for over 180 applications within the six key semiconductor market segments.
A subscription to this quarterly service provides a market size and forecast database delivered in Excel and an easy-to-use and customizable online tool, accompanied by a written analysis and trends report in PDF format.
Key issues addressed:
- How much silicon will be required to support 300mm manufacturing operations?
- How much silicon will be used for mature technologies?
- As the industry goes through its cycles of rapid growth followed by periods of slowing, which applications will continue to demand increased silicon capacity?
- What will the impact of technology transitions be for silicon manufacturers?
- Which market applications are driving silicon consumption?
- What will be the impact of technology transitions for the equipment and material suppliers?