Reinventing the Truck
How will disruptive forces change global trucking, energy and chemical markets?
Major shifts loom in the medium- and heavy-duty trucking industry. Alternative powertrain options, driverless technology, and increased logistical efficiency are just some of the themes around which there is major uncertainty.
IHS Markit is uniquely positioned to look within and across these inter-related industries and offer insights into the changing landscape. In Reinventing the Truck (RTT), we brought together supply chain, automotive, and energy expertise to identify and address the major unknowns facing the industry. This one-time purchase of a market update— refreshes our scenarios for the future of trucking and extends our forecasts to 2050.
Enhanced data and research now includes:
- Long-term outlooks in two scenarios
- Coverage of markets: Mainland China, the United States, Europe, and Japan
- Fuel economy assumptions and fuel demand by powertrain and market
- Sales and vehicle fleet forecasts by powertrain and market:
- Natural gas (CNG/LNG)
- Hybrid electric vehicle (HEV)—Aggregated
- Battery electric vehicle (BEV)
- Fuel cell electric vehicle (FCEV)