Gain insights for market surveillance, valuations and performance attribution
Loan reference data that is used to monitor portfolios, risk and market activity often is spread across multiple sources, including public filings, credit agreements and transactions. Market participants typically dedicate countless hours each month on manual processes to capture, aggregate and validate this data.
IHS Markit offers a centralized source of leveraged loan reference data, including covenant and corporate action data, to support transaction processing, risk management and market surveillance. With coverage of more than 7,500 loans, we help reduce the time and resources required for data collection and management, while supporting idea generation, market surveillance, compliance and security master control across the enterprise.
The dataset includes real-time corporate actions and granular credit agreement details, such as covenant schedules, pricing grids and prepayment rules, for private and public loans. Market participants use our data to quickly assess protection and cures that are offered in credit agreements and to identify covenant-lite assets based on any custom definition.
We source our data directly from credit agreements, agent notices and public filings, and we validate and actively monitor the data through the life of the loan. By converting data into easily consumable data fields, we enable direct data integration into your existing workflows and automated processing.
- Quality data – Make confident decisions with loan data extracted from executed credit agreements, amendments and agent notices, with historical data available for custom data analysis based on global loan prepayment or performance characteristics
- Efficiency – Use automated contract setup when settling trades in portfolio management systems
- Market surveillance – Enjoy improved data accuracy through active monitoring for data updates by IHS Markit loan experts
- Seamless distribution – Access your data via web, XML feed or third-party platforms
- Lifecycle maintenance – Leverage data that is tracked from preliminary price talks through maturity, including corporate actions, amendments and restructures