Make strategic sourcing decisions that contribute value to the bottom line.
Do you have visibility into your suppliers’ cost structures? Need a price outlook for your key inputs?
Turn to IHS Pricing & Purchasing for accurate price and wage forecasts and cost models across key commodity-producing countries. For more than 40 years, our team has assisted the purchasing community with critical data, expert insight and proven forecasting models on the world’s commodity markets and the key factors that drive them. Find in-depth market analysis of prices, costs, demand, productivity and margins for your manufacturing operations worldwide. Inform strategic sourcing plans with price and cost forecasts for your key production input costs, including energy, steel and other metals, chemicals, building materials and equipment, electronic components, paper and packaging, labor and much more.
Procurement officers, contracting professionals, and cost estimators leverage this service to:
- Obtain more accurate price estimates than broad inflation rates or historical trends
- Monitor prices and pinpoint the best times to make key purchases
- Leverage production cost models to evaluate supplier margins and negotiate smarter
- Establish and monitor contract escalation clauses
- Track prices to evaluate purchasing performance
- Prepare budgets and financial reviews based on accurate forward-pricing data