Achieve greater cost savings with a customized buying strategy.
What would a 10% reduction in spend mean for your company?
From category strategy and cost estimation to supplier negotiations and managing increasing costs, IHS Pricing and Purchasing helps players in the automotive industry solve procurement challenges tied to large revenue streams. Many companies deal in materials without price visibility or in markets with few suppliers. Backed by a global team of industry analysts and a database of thousands of material prices and wages, IHS is the only company that offers more than 40 years of expertise to help you strategically source and purchase the major inputs needed to build a car. Leverage forecasts and cost models for automotive inputs, including plastics, metals, wages, fuels, overhead and services.
IHS has helped our clients save more than $1 billion and can help you:
- Track production costs and supplier margins to negotiate smarter
- Obtain more accurate price estimates than broad inflation rates or historical trends
- Monitor prices and pinpoint the best times to make key purchases
- Negotiate contract escalation clauses
- Benchmark prices and assess purchasing performance
- Prepare budgets and financial reviews based on accurate forecasts