Benchmark global container port and terminal performance with empirical data for competitive insights, fewer delays, cost savings and lower emissions
For organizations that want to measure and improve performance at container ports, IHS Markit’s Port Performance Program enables granular benchmarking with objective, empirical data. This supports programs to optimize operations for fewer delays, cost savings and reduced emissions, as well as data-based insights for superior marketing and elevated analysis around port and terminal asset use and investment.
This unique dataset combines monthly port call data from operators of 80% of global container fleet capacity with world class IHS Markit maritime datasets for richer insights and more meaningful analysis.
- Objectively measure and compare container port and terminal performance with empirical data
- Compare performance at specific facilities with competitor; comparator and best-in-class ports, for operational KPIs and elevated analysis around port and terminal asset use and investment
- Leverage data for maritime industry decarbonization programs such as Port Call Optimization and better ESG scoring for port and terminal operations
- Present data-based evidence of performance in marketing to drive sales and support contract negotiation
- Spot opportunities to improve efficiency, optimize asset use, improve schedule reliability, and save costs