Length: 1.5 Hours
Who Should Attend: Engineers and technologists involved in hydrocarbon gathering system management and optimization.
Prerequisites: Students should have an understanding of basic engineering principles including rates and pressures, multiphase flow, resevoir and flud properties, evaluating production data. Basic Windows navigation and spreadsheet skills are also recommended.
Tuition: No charge.
Location: Calgary, Alberta training centers.
Cancellation Policy: To cancel without penalty, please give notice seven calendar days prior to the start of the course. Without prior notice, you will be charged $350.00.
Basic Gathering System Workflow
- Learning the minimum requirements for a model
- Viewing and organizing results on-screen
- Connecting new wells to an existing model
- Forecasting changes through time
Model Calibration Workflow
- Interpreting topographical data contained in images and shapefiles
- Importing production data
- Comparing calculated and measured pressures
- Assessing the importance of calibration
System Optimization Workflow
- Evaluating the current state of the model through the use of diagnostic maps
- Isolating problem areas such as bottlenecks or underused facilities
- Determining system capacity to handle additional production
- Planning future system changes to meet objectives