The energy transition is accelerating, with profound impacts for the global oil market and industry—including the potential for greater volatility. Trillions of dollars of assets and trading volumes are in play. IHS Markit’s insights keep clients a step ahead of the competition by understanding what is happening today and how that could unfold over the next month, years, and decades ahead. We offer proprietary research covering crude oil, refined products, natural gas liquids, lubricants, downstream company strategies, and the future of mobility. Our insights are backed by detailed data sets that leverage IHS Markit’s leading position in research and data for the global energy, chemical, and automotive industries.
Our services span the entire downstream value chain and are provided in four distinct capabilities:
- The Crude Oil Markets service provides fresh, original, and data-rich analysis and insights into the short and long-term future of the global oil market. We cover everything from the latest thinking on OPEC+ strategy and world and regional oil demand, supply and price outlooks to how changes in geopolitics, government policy, social trends, and technology shape the pace of the energy transition.
- The Mobility and Energy Future (MEF) service. Changes in mobility—especially road transportation—are truly historic. No one has experienced the types of changes that are transforming the century-old model of how people and goods move. There will be winners and losers amid fundamental changes in energy use, technology, and geopolitics. Our MEF services provides detailed, analytical frameworks for understanding the pace of adoption of electric vehicles and other alternative energy powertrains, autonomous technology and shared mobility. Our outlooks inform short-term and long-term decision on issues of existential importance to energy and automotive companies. MEF benefits from deep and close collaboration with IHS Markit’s unmatched global automotive datasets.
- The Midstream Oil & NGLs service provides market value & impact of petchem feedstock demand growth for sellers & producers of NGL, and identifies evolving LPG trade patterns & impact on pricing and shipping. Offerings in this capability include NGL Markets, Petrochemical Feedstocks and Waterborne Live LPG.
- Company Strategies & Performance allows you to benchmark the refining & marketing businesses and strategies of major downstream operators. Offering in this capability includes Company Strategies & Performance.
Oil and gas producers, refiners, pipeline, shipping and terminal companies rely on our products to:
- Evaluate refining, logistical and marketing assets worldwide
- Benchmark company finances/operations on an individual basis or against an industry average
- Keep pace with economic, geopolitical and policy developments impacting the industry
- Assess the effects of product flows, refinery economics and pricing on refined product markets
- Leverage feedstock forecasts to optimize feedstock selections to minimize risk
- Access hard-to-find data and analysis on the global lubricants industry
Products & Solutions
Optimize strategy and investments with reliable crude oil market analysis
Navigate the refined oil product markets with confidence
Source and invest with sound market fundamentals
Access an in-depth comparative view of your position in the chemical and refining industries
Petrochemical Feedstocks Markets