Drill cost-effectively with standardized and validated well geopressure data
Can you afford to drill a well without understanding the subsurface pressure regimes?
In some highly pressured regions more than 90 percent of unpredicted drilling downtime is due to overpressure, with annual costs to industry estimated at nearly $8B. The IHS Markit Geopressure Database is one of the most comprehensive, accessible and up-to-date geopressure databases in the world. It provides immediate and accurate subsurface data so you can make informed decisions and stay competitive.
Key benefits of this product include:
- 28 man-years of data sourcing, processing and expert re-interpretation
- Reinterpretation and quality control of formation test pressures by in-house experts
- Data standardized allowing comparison of wells
- Standardization of pressure units and hole temperature corrections
- Sourcing and cataloging of additional down-hole, pressure related events
- Data centrally located within a single database, accessible by multiple users
- Equates to an investment of $1.87M assuming a flat rate of $75K per year