Understand the market potential for microLED display technologies.
Emerging microLED display technology is fast becoming a contender to watch for display applications in markets that currently are dominated by LCD technology or rapidly maturing OLED display technology. It offers a new entry point in microdisplay and large-area signage applications.
The MicroLED Display Technology & Market Report from IHS Markit contains substantive analysis of the technology and its market outlook, parsed by region and by industry vertical. We review the potential applications and markets for MicroLED displays and describe the value chain in detail.
The semiconductor-based self-emitting light sources known as light emitting diodes (LEDs) offer high efficacy and a long lifetime performance with fast response and robustness in extreme environments, making them ideal for large displays and signage. Our review of all aspects of the requisite manufacturing technologies is a useful primer for anyone interested in new opportunities in the display market.
Key issues addressed:
- How do MicroLED displays compare to conventional LCD and OLED displays, in terms of performance and manufacturing costs?
- What is the market outlook for MicroLED displays and which applications are most promising?
- Who is currently developing MicroLED displays and how might they position them in the display market?
- What does the MicroLED value chain look like and who are the participants?
- What are the technical challenges for MicroLED displays vs. the keys to success?
- How can MicroLED display be commercialized over time?