Find stability in a volatile market
Is your business positioned to take advantage of the market cycle today and tomorrow? Do you need help strengthening your balance sheet for trying times ahead?
The Freight Rate Forecast is an online tool that lets you visualize short-term (monthly) and medium-term (5-year) freight rates. Designed to support market investment decisions and deliver competitive intelligence, the forecast goes beyond conventional market analysis by integrating Big Data analysis techniques with proprietary IHS maritime and adjacent industry data, information and expertise. The model can predict how crude oil dynamics, as well as multiple drivers outside of the shipping space, will impact freight rates – and thus potential earnings – with up to 99% accuracy.
Maritime, energy, financial and insurance professionals use the forecast to:
- Strengthen the balance sheet by boosting earnings and decreasing costs
- Maximize fleet utilization and avoid surplus shipyard capacity
- Form a granular understanding of market behavior, patterns and relative influences
- Gain investor and banker confidence
- Optimize trades, investments, negotiations and chartering decisions
- Hedge exposures in spot market
Learn how the Freight Rate Forecast can help you anchor your business in a fast-changing market.