News & Daily Insight
Jane’s Defence News Module, part of the Jane’s Defence Industry and Markets Intelligence Centre, delivers global news, analysis, and daily insight into global defence markets and trends, drawing from the full suite of Jane’s world leading news offerings, including:
Delivering news and daily insight to help you:
- Gauge the impact of changes to military capabilities
- Keep current with emerging technologies
- Quantify new program and product potential
- Track competitor activity in target markets
- Identify potential partners, customers and suppliers
- Monitor the effects of political disruptions
Jane’s Defence Budgets, part of Jane’s Defence Industry and Markets Intelligence Centre, delivers a macro-level analysis of national defence budget spending around the world. 3 years of historical analysis and 5 years of forecast, deliver critical insight into the current and future size, shape, and capabilities of the world’s key military nations.
Jane’s Defence Budgets provides:
- Top-down national budget forecasts for over 100 countries.
- Analysis by force, activity, and spend type (including procurement and RDT&E budgets)
- Key economic indicators
- Visualisation and comparison tools
US Coverage from Jane’s Defence Budgets
Jane’s offers unrivalled coverage of the US defence budget. From unique data analytics mining thousands of data points to breaking news on budget release day, from detailed Excel datasheets to online Intelligence Briefings, Jane’s has all angles covered. Jane’s US defence budget coverage contains several elements that are released throughout the annual budgetary cycle, including:
Market Reports (Navigating the Emerging Markets)
- 7 rapid reaction market reports, released within 48 hours of the budget.
- 7 in-depth market reports, released within one month of the budget.
- Interactive analysis of US DoD procurement budget data (P-40 budget exhibits extracted from an amalgamated P-1 data set)
- Interactive analysis of the budget from a strategic perspective, showing funding and production schedules at a contractor and/or location level using P-5 Cost Analysis, P-5a Procurement History & Planning and P-21 Production Schedule exhibits
- Budget outlay database, containing in-depth analysis of the DoD Future Years Defense Program (FYDP), this database displays top down US DoD budget data for over 1,900 Programs, Projects and Activities (PPAs)
- Rolling news and analysis
- Series of online intelligence briefings throughout the budget cycle
- Overarching US Defence Budgets Tableau dashboard
Jane’s Market Reports deliver in-depth analysis of the business conditions, economic prospects and risks in both priority emerging countries and new developing areas within mature markets. These reports provide market intelligence that drives successful business development, strategy, and product development activity.
Executive overviews provide a summary of the market, while the analysis contained in the reports provides insight into defence and security spending drivers, procurement procedures, offset policies, internal defence production capabilities, national defence companies, and existing relations with materiel producing countries.
Jane’s Offset Advisory module, part of Jane’s Defence Industry and Markets Intelligence Centre, delivers in-depth, actionable insight to equip offset specialists with the tools and resources they need to construct, position, and fulfil effective offset obligations in support of new defence business across the globe.
Global Offset Report
A comprehensive report that details formal and de facto offset programmes of the world’s top defence markets, representing 98% of global defence spending.
Offset Insight Reports
These in-depth quarterly reports deliver analysis of the most significant global offset issues, trends, and developments
Offset Policies Reference Guide
An exclusive database providing country-by-country quick reference offset policy information in spreadsheet format.
Reference and Contact Information
Data on 1,000+ global defence manufacturers and suppliers
Comprehensive, up-to-date directory of more than 14,000 A&D global manufacturers and suppliers
Government & Armed Forces Directory
8,000+ government, defence force and law enforcement organiszations
Centres of Learning & Research Directory
Data Analytics Module
Defence-related research and training organiszations, including independent associations, foundations, academic institutions and NGOs
Jane’s Data Analytics Modules deliver filtering, data visualiszation, and graphics export capabilities which are genuinely intuitive and very simple to use. Each module contains a number of interactive dashboards which support faster, more effective analysis and knowledge sharing.
The Data Analytics Module is available as an add-on capability for Jane’s Defence Industry & Markets Intelligence Centre incorporating a range of analytics dashboards that enable competitive assessment, customer requirement analysis, mergers and acquisitions analysis, and opportunity identification including:
Online intelligence briefings
- Aircraft Markets
- Market Trends
- Defence Budget Trends
- US DoD Budget Analysis Tool
Subscribers to Jane’s Defence Industry and Markets Intelligence Centre receive complimentary access to Jane’s Online Intelligence Briefings. Delivering additional analysis, these briefings provide an exclusive opportunity to delve more deeply into the most topical issues.
Expert analysts deliver 45-60 minutes of insight finishing with a Q&A forum during which they respond to specific questions posed by attendees.