Every day, engineers and other technical professionals rely on a wide range of knowledge to improve operational performance, reduce risk, and drive innovation.
Companies have spent millions on information management systems to capture information needed by engineers, scientists and researchers. Yet technical professionals are still drowning in a sea of internal and external content, little of it organized in a way that helps them drive productivity or innovation. Worse, some of the best information in those systems is never found by the engineers that need it most.
IHS Markit helps organizations accelerate productivity, improve problem solving and innovate ahead of competition by giving engineers and other technical professionals access to relevant knowledge – inside and outside the organization – and advanced research and problem-solving tools.
See tabs at left to learn more about IHS Markit Engineering Solutions for Standards Management, Engineering & Technical Reference, Analytical & Problem-solving Tools, and accessing Internal Knowledge.
Effectively manage internal and industry standards across the enterprise
Today's complex engineering environments demand a new level of engineering excellence that hinges on having ready access to trusted engineering knowledge, standards and specifications. Industry studies suggest that more than 40% of an engineer's time is spent just gathering information, instead of applying that knowledge to value-added activities.
IHS Markit standards management solutions uniquely help companies:
- improve access to and utilization of internal and industry standards
- streamline knowledge transfer within the organization and with suppliers
- turn wasted time searching into value-added activity
- reduce operational expense
- minimize risks and ensure compliance
Providing single-source access to trusted, authoritative technical reference
When engineers have access to trusted, authoritative reference content from leading publishers, they make decisions faster and with the confidence that they are using industry best practices. IHS Markit offers engineers, researchers, scientists and related professionals single-point access to the essential technical content needed at each stage of the project lifecycle. With IHS Markit Knowledge Collections, engineers get precise answers from more than 100 million documents drawn from validated content sources — across industries and fields of science. Using IHS Markit Knowledge Collections helps you:
- Accelerate research and development
- Reduce errors and other project risks
- Mitigate corporate knowledge loss
Deliver better products and projects, faster
Goldfire integrates state-of-the-art knowledge retrieval, ideation and problem solving technologies with broad access to rich technical content – inside and outside the organization - enabling engineers and other technical personnel to arrive at better decisions, faster.
Companies across the globe and in nearly every industry use Goldfire to:
- Accelerate engineering productivity
- Identify new markets and envision next-generation solutions
- Gain insight into the competitive landscape and technology and market trends
- Accelerate problem solving and idea generation
- Improve operational efficiencies
Achieve success through single-source standards management
IHS Markit Internal Standards Management provides robust options for storing, controlling, revising and tracking your internal and IHS Markit documentation. Built with the specifications and requirements you provide, the Internal Standards Management solution supports fully integrated internal and external standards and documents for better interconnectivity, more relevant results, and better collaboration among you and your third-party suppliers.
Internal Standards Management can supply you with:
- A secure, single-source repository with unified search capabilities across internal corporate standards, compliance requirements, internal policies and procedures, annotated documents, external industry standards, specifications, test methods, and more, for all groups in the workflow process.
- One click cross-references between internal and industry standards.
- Flexible and secure hosting for the management of internal and external standards.
- Rapid access to current documentation with real-time updates.