With the internal standards management solution from IHS Markit, you can make sure your documents are accessible and cross-referenced with external/industry standards:
- Control: Ensure secure, segmented distribution of your engineering documentation with internal teams and suppliers/contractors
- Compliance: Consistently use the most current and correct company process spec or test procedure, and measure usage by user, team, project, vendor or contractor
- Visibility: Gain better visibility into existing industry standards, reducing internal standards development costs and risks
- Currency: Receive automatic alerts of critical changes or pending Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) to improve quality and provide opportunities for greater innovation
See how a leading media technology provider dramatically improved productivity by securely sharing internal design documentation with supply chain partners using the IHS Markit solution for internal standards management.
IHS Markit offers an exclusive Conformity Assessment service for your high-cost internal standards. The objective is to identify and eliminate deviation from industry standards by preventing "gold-plating" that drives unnecessary costs. IHS Markit will leverage industry benchmarking and cost data, software tools, and your own proprietary data to:
- Cull unnecessary and out-of-date standards
- Adopt industry standards (or portions thereof) when practical
- Engineer unnecessary cost out of remaining internal standards or expand the solution space of the standard
The benefits can be substantial. Watch this video on the cost (and opportunity) of standards, or read this case study to learn how IHS Markit helped a large energy firm identify over $180 million in annual cost savings in 1,200 internal standards.
Every organization has its own set of internal documents and systems that reference external content. These can be design standards, specifications, drawings, handbooks, procedures, and a host of other company/proprietary documents that reference external/industry standards, regulations and codes.
Maintaining these links and cross-references can be a huge drain on resources and productivity, not to mention potential risks related to compliance and quality. How do you make sure each links to the correct industry standard or code? Are those industry standards/codes accessible, up-to-date, and copyright compliant? Is everyone in the organization working to the same, consistent set of documents?
The Reference Linking Solution from IHS Markit provides users with secured direct access to external standards, specifications and regulations from within their own documents and workflow processes. This solution allows users to work more efficiently by ensuring that the appropriate external documents are always available when they're needed and that all employees throughout an organization are using the correct version of a document.
Visit the Reference Linking Solutions from IHS Markit for more information.