Reduce the risks and costs associated with index composition
IHS Markit's Index Management service is an integrated data solution that provides a forecast of index changes taking place in the near future. The dataset includes, but is not limited to, changes to the constituents’ number of shares, free float, additions and deletions. Data is sourced directly from the index providers and exchanges, and then checked and validated ahead of market open.
The overall index management solution reduces the risks and cost associated with changes in index composition. It is delivered via an XML feed or can be accessed through our Enterprise Data Management (EDM) platform. Our EDM software provides a referenced data model for quick client deployment.
- Cost effective – Increase coverage without additional cost and IT development
- Data integrity – Ensure accurate compositions, validated through a calculation engine, with a comprehensive system of quality controls
- Simplicity – Reduce complexity with index data from multiple sources in a unified XML feed
- Extensive coverage – Capture the continuously growing universe of global equity indices with daily updates
- Dedicated support – Access global customers support through our index teams in New York, London and Singapore