Benchmark index family for tracking select green bonds
The IHS Markit iBoxx® Global Green Bonds Select Index is designed to reflect the performance of green bonds as classified by the Climate Bonds Initiative (“CBI”) Green Bonds Standard. The index includes investment grade and high yield government, sub-sovereign and corporate debt denominated in EUR, USD, GBP and CAD, whilst upholding minimum standards of investability and liquidity. The index is part of a range of available iBoxx ESG (Environment, Social, Governance) and sustainable bond indices.
CBI’s Green Bonds Database contains green bonds that meet the CBI Standard which satisfies the criteria laid out in CBI’s proprietary green taxonomy, as well as CBI’s standards on transparency and bond ‘Use of Proceeds’. CBI’s taxonomy ensures that eligible bonds are aligned with the goals defined in the UNFCCC Paris Agreement.
- Transparency - Access to our rules-based methodology for constituent selection, monthly rebalancing and daily total return calculations is publicly available.
- Data Integrity - Rely on data that utilises independent, multi-sourced pricing and reference data with rigorous quality testing, and a documented price challenge process in place.
- Relevance – Capture the growing impact investment universe of global green bonds.
- Flexibility - The ability to customise indices to meet specific index design.
- Flexible access –Distribute data through our FTP service, IHS Markit website, and via many data vendors.