The iBoxx ChinaBond Government & Policy Banks Bond Index is designed to reflect the performance of RMB denominated bonds issued by the Chinese government and the three Chinese policy banks.
The Indices are a joint initiative between IHS Markit and China Bond Pricing Center Co., Ltd. (“CBPC”). The partnership combines the bond valuation data and domestic market expertise of CBPC with IHS Markit’s award winning global fixed income index expertise, and provides investors with accurate and objective indices to assess the performance of the Chinese bond market and investments.
The index rules are transparent and the index is independently calculated and administered by IHS Markit.
- Transparency – Publicly available documentation on our rules-based methodology for constituent selection, monthly rebalancing and daily total return calculations.
- Independence – Multi-source and independent pricing and reference data used subject to rigorous quality testing with a fully documented price challenge process. IHS Markit is committed to administering all financial benchmarks in compliance with IOSCO principles and is an authorized benchmark administrator under the European Benchmark Regulation (BMR).
- China onshore market access – Access to in-depth information and extensive expertise on Chinese fixed income.
- Multi-dimensional analysis – Wide range of analytical values is published to support risk, performance measurement and attribution analysis.
- Flexibility – Ability to customize and deliver standard indices to meet specific investment criteria.
- Depth of Data - History of index returns available and wealth of analytics data published to support index analysis.