The Hang Seng Markit iBoxx Offshore RMB Bond Index family (“HSM iBoxx”) captures the performance of debt denominated in Chinese yuan but issued and settled offshore. The index family offers a broad coverage of the offshore RMB bond universe.
The overall index, together with sub-indices based on sector, rating, maturity and geographic origin, offer an accurate and detailed dataset to assess the performance of the offshore RMB bond market and related investments.
The Hang Seng Markit iBoxx Offshore RMB Bond Index family is a joint initiative between IHS Markit and Hong Kong’s leading index compiler, Hang Seng Indexes Company Ltd. The indices combine the fixed income expertise of IHS Markit with the local market knowledge of Hang Seng Indexes Company Ltd. IHS Markit administers the indices.
All iBoxx indices are priced based on multiple data inputs. The data are subject to a rigorous quality control process that excludes stale or off-market prices.
- Independent data – Make decisions based on objectively valued indices, based on prices from multiple contributors, with strict independence governance through technical committees composed of dealers and oversight committees comprising consultants, regulators and investors
- Data Integrity – Rely on a rigorous series of quality controls applied to all prices received from contributors
- Transparency – Use publicly available methodology guides, along with freely accessible constituents, weights and index levels
- Flexibility – Customize the indices to meet specific requirements, such as for benchmarking or to serve as the basis for structured products
- Distribution – Access index data via the web, FTP, email and third-party vendors