The world’s most comprehensive database of international trade and commercial freight traffic providing long-term annual forecasts up to year 2035, and quarterly forecasts for eight quarters ahead, including data broken down by transportation modes and cargo types.
The GTAS Forecasting provides market and business planners with in-depth analysis, historical data, and forecasts of bilateral trade between 248 countries and regions across 270 commodities and 16 key indicators (Trade Concepts). It is a database including annual and quarterly frequency data updated every quarter.
In June and September 2021 releases, major enhancements have been introduced to GTAS Forecasting database:
- Supplementing of intra-European trade flows in value and volume broken down by transportation modes: Sea, Air and Overland/Other trade
- Developing new, more detailed Overland/Other transport mode breakdown into four new categories: Rail, Road, Inland Waterway, and Other for selected trade routes
- Providing short-term outlook for eight quarters ahead with quarterly frequency data
Get the information and insight you need to size international markets, identify global business risks and opportunities, conduct strategic planning, make confident trade and transportation investment decisions, and secure long-term competitiveness.
- Plan competitive strategies by identifying when specific country and commodity trade will rebound
- Uncover risks and opportunities by analysing and comparing target markets
- Understand market trends and the economic factors driving them
- Understand factors that could impact economic development and infrastructure plans
- Conduct product line forecasting and benchmark performance
Source of data – Global Trade Atlas (GTA).
GTA is a part of IHS Markit, the market-leading database for trade data includes monthly data from 102 reporting countries and annual data for over 200 countries.