Measure and analyze market performance in (near) real-time, starting on day one following the close of the month.
The impact of COVID-19 on automotive demand is significant. The IHS Markit Global Auto Demand Tracker helps to understand which markets are still in decline and which are rebounding. We leverage the most up-to-date data for the last concluded calendar month for 150+ countries.
Immediately upon arrival, data for the last concluded calendar month is turned around on a rolling basis. When actual data are not yet publicly available, the tracker is enhanced with estimates from the IHS Markit Sales Operations Forecast to provide immediate insights.
The Global Auto Demand Tracker is available at both a brand- and model-level. Data include:
- 150+ countries
- 350+ makes/brands
- Fuel-type (BEV, FCV, HEV, ICE, MEV, Plug-in)
- Make-model (Audi: A1, A3, A4 …, BMW: 1-Series, 2-Series, …)
- Registration-type (Passenger Cars, Light Commercial Vehicles)
- Body-type level (Car, MPV, Pickup, Sport, SUV, Van, Others)
- Seasonally adjusted (SA) and seasonally adjusted annualized rate (SAAR)
- Views include year-over-year and month-over-month to track emergence of countries from the state of crisis