Assess and reduce risk associated with high pressure, high temperature regions
The Geopressure Database from IHS Markit is one of the most comprehensive, accessible and up-to-date geopressure databases in the world. It provides immediate and accurate subsurface data so geoscientists, drillers and engineers can make informed decisions and stay competitive.
Pressure data can be used to assess and reduce risk associated with hydrocarbon prospectivity, reservoir connectivity and entrapment, whilst utilizing key information to decide whether to acquire or drop acreage in areas of highly variable pressures and water depths. It allows safe decision making in well design and planning where a full understanding of the subsurface pressure regime is key. With up to 90% of unpredicted downtime in highly pressured areas being due to overpressure, the IHS Markit geopressure data saves time, money and increases safety.
- Data standardization allows accurate comparison of wells
- Over 30 man-years of data sourcing, processing and expert re-interpretation
- Identification of pressure gradients and fluid contacts
- Standardization of pressure units and hole temperature correction
- Sourcing and cataloguing of additional down-hole, pressure related events
- Reinterpretation and quality control of formation test pressures by in-house experts
Pressure data applications across Industry – from Geoscience, Exploration and Appraisal to Well Engineering and Safety Planning.