Turn qualitative country risk information into quantitative risk analysis and scores. Covers risks to property from protests and riots, terrorism, interstate and civil war, as well as risks to individuals, cargo and transport, criminal violence and the general business environment.
Detailed country reports, special reports, hot topics and headline analysis
Comprehensive, in-depth country reports as well as daily analysis of key developments, events and trends, and their impact on the security and environment in 211 countries and territories.
COVID-19 insights and tools
Our proprietary COVID-19 Vulnerability Index measures the potential disruption of economic, political and operational activity as a result of the virus. It combines country-level measures of vulnerability such as capacities of health system, the demographic structure of society and trade openness with measures of resilience such as effectiveness of the state and fiscal capacity.
Daily headline analysis article from our dedicated life sciences team examines latest infection rates as well as developments with vaccines, treatments and diagnostics. Their weekly R&D tracker highlights the candidates for treatments and vaccines against COVID-19.
Subscribe to Foresight Security Premium and monitor emerging risks to the investment climate and broader operating environmentAdditional risk scores and analysis help risk teams go beyond security risk impacts to assess risks to the broader business and operating environments
- Detailed political and operational risk scores allow for more precise evaluation of the impacts of policy and regulatory changes
- Risk ratings of each country's legal and tax environments can inform project assessments, ongoing evaluation requirements
- Economic risk assessments and scores allow for systematic monitoring of recession, inflation and capital transfer risk levels
Click to enlarge
Identify the economic drivers of growth in key markets
- More effectively evaluate the impact of economic fluctuations on your business
- Regularly updated analysis of economic developments for each country
- Data concept coverage includes GDP, output, prices, exchange rates, FDI (Foreign direct investment), financial and monetary indicators, external debt
- History and 5-year forecast outlook
Sovereign risk ratings help flag credit, non-payments risk
Independent credit risk ratings for 206 countries enable clients to assess credit and non-payments risk for key markets easily.
- Track ratings changes from IHS Markit as well as ratings agencies of record (S&P, Moody’s, Fitch) with analysis of ratings changes by our team of experts
- Use IHS Markit’s Consensus rating (incorporating IHS Markit views plus the Big 3 rating agencies)as a convenient, overall benchmark of risk
Detailed ratings and analysis for:
- Solvency ratios
- Liquidity (short-term and medium-term)
- Economic policy impacts
- Political factors
- Extensive database of debt indicators with forecast
- Consistent database back to Q1, 2006
Subscribe to Foresight Security Premium and examine your overall exposure and relative threats in a single, customized view.
Custom security exposure dashboard
Create a custom selection of scores for your assets and locations of interest, and intelligence event and trends around the locations. Calibrated through an interactive workshop and accessed through Connect.
IHS Markit Connect®
Access your subscription through our highly customizable web platform
- Interactive mapping functionality with multiple security risk layers
- Report builder
- Organized content views for a broader perspective on countries, regions, industries
- Easy-to-use search capability
- 24/7/365 access anywhere, anytime from laptop or mobile device
Security Risk API
Speak to us about how best to access all your Foresight Security risk intelligence through API to ingest into your own or third-party platforms supporting your workflows.
Custom alerts and newsletters
Set up custom alerts that capture the addition of or updates to the content most relevant to you and your operations. Select from a range of curated daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc bulletins and newsletters